[SOLVED] SSH Issue with CT's

MrGamecase

Feb 2, 2024
Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

I've recently started experiencing issues with SSH & New CT, [ connect to host 10.9.1.246 port 22: Connection refused ]... I Created a new CT, added my SSH Public key went through the setup & saved the config. Started the newly created CT & confirmed it received an IP from my DHCP & has an internet connection [ Watched Star Wars in ASCII [The only true way]].

From my windows 11 terminal I attempted to SSH into the newly created CT & was greeted with [ connect to host 10.9.1.246 port 22: Connection refused ]... So I checked my method for creating & confirmed all was ok, I recreated the CT without an SSH Public key and modified the [ /ect/ssh/sshd_config ] restarted [ systemctl restart ssh ] SSH & tried again with the same result [ connect to host 10.9.1.246 port 22: Connection refused ].

To confirm it wasn’t an issue with windows 11 I connected to several of my existing CT with SSH Public setup & password without any issues.

All CT are created the same, unprivileged & nestig, all have SSH Public Kay

Any help would be apreciated.

Have you configured a firewall? Is the SSH daemon running, e.g. can you connect to the container in question from another container?

Have you configured a firewall? Is the SSH daemon running, e.g. can you connect to the container in question from another container?
Hi @LnxBil

Thank you for you reply,

I can confirm ssh service is running with no recorded faults, I can from within the new CT ssh into my other CT's & other services within my network both with SSH Public Key & Password but unable to ssh into the new CT from any device on my network including existing CT's. UFW is disabled for now on the new CT.

--- EDIT ---

I'm assuming somything has changed with the creations of CT or with the LXC Template for debian

Hi All,

Ok.... So the issue was our own incompetence. One of my underling has recently added somthing to the network and forgot to update our Static ip assignment table. all the issues experienced was due to a duplicate ip adderss.....

Appoligies fore the waste of time !! & thank you for the help

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!