HamSolo

Nov 15, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I've got a Proxmox 7.3-3 install, with 6 1TB SSD's. 2 Samsung 990's, and 4 Samsung 870 EVO. These SSD's are MLC. I did some research and found there was/is a wearout bug with the 990's, but the wearout on the 870's is a bit concerning. I'm seeing extremely high wearout on a server that's less than 1 year old, with only one VM on it. It's Ubuntu 22.04, with Observium on it. I know you guys aren't Observium experts, but is there anything on the Proxmox side I can do to optimize SSD's?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Proxmox pve3 disk settings.png
    Proxmox pve3 disk settings.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Proxmox pve3 Disks.png
    Proxmox pve3 Disks.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 32
This forum is full of people running ZFS on consumer SSDs and complaining about wearout and performance. They all get the same answer: Don't do it. Either go with ext4 or other non-copy-on-write filesystems, or buy enterprise SSDs which perform much better and don't wear in comparison to consumer SSDs.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!