Spice no mouse Cursor with usb mouse passthrough .. ( not visible )

Docop2

Nov 20, 2021
Hi
So over a Prox v7.1 (7.1.8) fresh install i don't have the mouse cursor visible into spiceViewer. The mouse do point properly... but no cursor show when i move the real mouse that i passthrough to the vm. Try with a windows vm Or a ubuntu vm, same issues the cursor don't show up. Try over virtviewer v.10 and v11.
Access from webgui the novnc do work, i got sound, i can click anyplace.. with a passthrough keyboard : all key do work. But it's the mouse cursor that is not visible.
Even try to expand the virtviewer window, to having kind of gray border area outside of the 'display' vm : the cursor don't show it either.

Any hint on this to get it show ? Thanks in advance

mhmm i think thats a 'feature' of the spice viewer that it only shows the local cursor and not the 'remote' (in guest) cursor, no idea if that's something you can configure though...

indeed look like it... As novnc do get the extra cursor show up as soon you move the passthrough mouse device.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!