Spamcheck for outgoing mail

wwweiss

Apr 28, 2018
I have a mailserver with many mailboxes and different domains. Proxmox Mailgateway is sitting in front of this mailserver für incomming and outgoing mails.
Sometimes mailaccounts get hacked (or the user has an trojan) and then these accounts are sending out lots of spam mails.
Is it possible that Proxmox scans outgoing mails in the same way than incomming and then move spams also to quarantine instead of sending them out?
With this I try to avoid getting blacklisted. Of course I understand that several tests will not work (IP checks, DNSBL, ....)
Any help or tipps how to configure this would be highly appreciated and also your opinion if this is a bad idea.

Wow - your response time needs to be measured in milliseconds :)
I used this thread already and configured an outgoing rule. Just today I had a problem with one customer sending out a few thousand mails. Most of them were sent out and only a few were quarantined, so I assumed it is not working correctly. Now I have found the reason: the spam level was calculated differently, most had values about 4 and only a few had 5. As I use Spam Level 5 it was correct working. So my primary problem is solved. But I am not sure about the quarantine function. For incomming mails a Spam is move to the receivers address, but for outgoing mails it must be moved to the sender address. Where can I configure this - or is this part of proxmox's intelligence?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!