Some feedback on PROXMOX VE

griffon

Jul 20, 2008
Belgium
Hi Guys,

I've been testing the proxmox ve solution. this is a great project. Easy to use, neat and clean web interface, and not to difficult (i would say easy) to set up virtual machines.....

However, i have noticed some small issues.... I have tried to built up a Windows 2008 server but the paravirtualized drivers cannot be used.. i had no connectivity... I have to test it with other network cards available from the Web interface....

I'm using proxmox ve and i have created 3 virtual machines... I have noticed that by intermittence i can ping one of the virtual machine but not the other ones...

Note : I understand that's a beta version...and the solution is not finalized. ;)

Keep going like this....

Cheers

Griffon

Hi Guys,

I've been testing the proxmox ve solution. this is a great project. Easy to use, neat and clean web interface, and not to difficult (i would say easy) to set up virtual machines.....

However, i have noticed some small issues.... I have tried to built up a Windows 2008 server but the paravirtualized drivers cannot be used.. i had no connectivity... I have to test it with other network cards available from the Web interface....

virtio drivers for win2008 are not yet available, pls use the e1000 (but you need to download the drivers first). using rtl8139 works without loading extra drivers (but only 100mbit).

best place for windows virtio drivers:
http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/VirtioWindowsDrivers

I'm using proxmox ve and i have created 3 virtual machines... I have noticed that by intermittence i can ping one of the virtual machine but not the other ones...

Note : I understand that's a beta version...and the solution is not finalized. ;)

Keep going like this....

which version do you use? there was such an issue on the first beta (each KVM VM used the same MAC), but the actual beta2 works without any problems on the network side.
please see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Downloads

NIC Drivers and W2K8

Okay, i' have used the e1000 network card drivers for the windows 2008...and indeed that's working...

I'm using the latest version of proxmox ve...i'll make some additional testing...about the intermittent access to Virtual machines..

Thanks for the fast reply... Keep Going ...

Bye

Okay, i' have used the e1000 network card drivers for the windows 2008...and indeed that's working...

I'm using the latest version of proxmox ve...i'll make some additional testing...about the intermittent access to Virtual machines..

Thanks for the fast reply... Keep Going ...

Bye

After some testing here I can confirm that the paravirtualized drivers are working on win2008 server, 64-bit and 32-bit.

follow the steps described in the KVM mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg03658.html

Vitrio drivers working

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest version of kvm paravirtualized drivers and it was recognized by Windows 2008. the version i was using was a little bit older. The current version i'm using is the following Drivers-0-3107.iso

Thanks for the quick reply

Best regards

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!