[SOLVED] Snapshot running VM taking forever

Roger_cwb

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,

After updated to version 6.2 when I try to create a Snapshot from a VM is taking forever and not finish.

I see the box Task - VMID - Snaphost, behind Preparing but stay this way.

If I stop the snapshot routine, the VM stay locked and with a Snapshot saying Delete that never disappear, just deleting VM and restore from some backup.

Is someone else having this problem?

I have this happening too. CT snapshot backups fail and leave a preparing snapshot that can only be deleted
from CT conf file...

My error is:

Code:
Use of uninitialized value in numeric eq (==) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump.pm line 478.
INFO: starting new backup job: vzdump 100 --storage cephfs --node foko1 --mode snapshot --compress zstd --remove 0
INFO: filesystem type on dumpdir is 'ceph' -using /var/tmp/vzdumptmp45026_100 for temporary files
INFO: Starting Backup of VM 100 (lxc)
INFO: Backup started at 2020-11-22 20:25:13
INFO: status = running
INFO: CT Name: jump
INFO: including mount point rootfs ('/') in backup
INFO: excluding bind mount point mp0 ('/mnt/cephfs') from backup (not a volume)
INFO: backup mode: snapshot
INFO: ionice priority: 7
INFO: create storage snapshot 'vzdump'
found lock 'snapshot' trying to remove 'backup' lock
ERROR: Backup of VM 100 failed - unable to parse volume ID '/mnt/pve/cephfs'
INFO: Failed at 2020-11-22 20:25:14
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors

It seems to be happening to all CT's that have a bind mount to the cephfs mount on the host.
Removing the bind mount the issue doesn't appear.

I've had it working until last week, why is this happening now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vassilis Kipouros

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!