snapshot of rpool - backup

eddi1984

Oct 8, 2014
Hi,

I have proxmox 4.1 (initial install was 4.0) on a pair of SSD's in mirror using ZFS.

I want to do a snapshot of rpool and than send/receive the snapshot for the purpose of backup.

For reasons unknown (and I am by far no expert), I can create the snapshot (at least its listed) but send/receive will send only a small file. However, the actual rpool is almost 50GB big and it should send that much the first time it does a send/receive. At least that was the behavior that I observed when sending the VMs snapshots over the wire.

See here:
Code:
root@VMNode01:/# zfs list -t snapshot
NAME  USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool@13Dec2015  0  -  96K  -
root@VMNode01:/# zfs send -R rpool@13Dec2015 | mbuffer -s 128k -m 2G | ssh root@somedomain.com 'mbuffer -s 128k -m 2G | zfs recv -Fduv MainVol/BACKUP'
WARNING: could not send rpool/ROOT@13Dec2015: does not exist
WARNING: could not send rpool/ROOT/pve-1@13Dec2015: does not exist
WARNING: could not send rpool/swap@13Dec2015: does not exist
WARNING: could not send rpool/ROOT@13Dec2015: does not exist
WARNING: could not send rpool/ROOT/pve-1@13Dec2015: does not exist
WARNING: could not send rpool/swap@13Dec2015: does not exist

summary: 44.0 KiByte in  0.1sec - average of  860 KiB/s
root@somedomain.com's password:
receiving full stream of rpool@13Dec2015 into MainVol/BACKUP@13Dec2015
received 41.2KB stream in 1 seconds (41.2KB/sec)

summary: 44.0 KiByte in  0.4sec - average of  112 KiB/s

root@VMNode01:/#

Anybody an idea?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!