[SOLVED] Snapshot of CT failing

HenryTheTech

May 20, 2018
Hi I am getting the error:

Code:
zfs error: For the delegated permission list, run: zfs allow|unallow

After attempting a snapshot of my container. There is little to no explanation to what this means, as far as I can tell.

Hi,

how do you make snapshots?
In the GUI or on the shell?
If you doing it on the shell what do you use as the command?

What language setting do you use?

Hi. Can you try on the shell:

Code:
sudo pct snapshot ID snapsname

and post the output?

Code:
oot@pve:/zvol/henry/hsync# pct snapshot 123 snapsname
cannot open 'zvol/henry/hsync/subvol-123-disk-1': dataset does not exist
usage:
        snapshot|snap [-r] [-o property=value] ... <filesystem|volume>@<snap> ...
For the property list, run: zfs set|get
snapshot create failed: starting cleanup
zfs error: For the delegated permission list, run: zfs allow|unallow

The error "dataset does not exist" is false.

subvol-123-disk-1 is there (along with a subvol-123-disk-0 that is not supposed to be there - re-creates itself for some reason)

I thought this could be related to the other forum thread you opened since it was the same container, but I'm starting to think it's not.

Please send the output of the following command:
Code:
zfs list -t all

please include output of 'pveversion -v', 'zfs list' and 'pct config XXX' where XXX is your container's ID, as well as the content of '/etc/pve/storage.cfg'

Hi all, I discovered the SSD that my node was running on was failing. I reinstalled PVE on a new disk, and was able (with help) to recover my container and all seems well.

Cheers guys

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!