SME (Koozali) Appliance

I would like to see an SME 8.0 or Koozali 9.0 appliance. I have it running in KVM now, but there is some overhead. It is CentOS5 based, so it shouldn't be difficult

Completely agree.

If I can figure out how to build an applicance, I may have a go myself.

B. Rgds
John

Isn't there a way to install the SME templating system onto CentOS5 after a standard installation?

Good question, and one to which I do not know the answer. However, I know a man who can :)

Will check & come back.

B. Rgds
John

I have it running as kvm.

Yes, I have installed a couple of test ones and it seems OK. Waiting for some bits for the box (e.g. RAID backup battery) and then hope to push my current box over to a KVM. Currently have one hosted up in the 'Cloud' as well whcih works fine but needs a patch to use a virtual ethernet card (you can then run it in server gateway mode and get VPN connections to it etc)

Make sure you install with nolvm and use qemu cpu instead of default kvm64.

Yes, I get the no LVM but any reason for the CPU choice ?

It seems there may be an easy transition from kvm to a template, but my workflow is missing some steps

I'm sure you'll figure it :) May need to think about how you set the db settings ?

I haven't had issues with virtio ethernet.
It just seemed to work right out of the gate. I actually use the VPN forwarded from my pfSense KVM.
The issue I had was kvm64 caused 99% cpu usage when nothing was happening. I couldn't really check the logs to find out what was causing it. I found http://forum.proxmox.com/archive/index.php/t-13607.html, tried it, and my issues went away.

I am running Java 1.7 jdk, and a Madsonic server. I think that may have something to do with it. Not really sure

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!