SMB/CIFS: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Jun 19, 2024
I have:
  • 3 Proxmox: 2 with Proxmox 8.2 and another with 7.4
  • Synology NAS with SMB enabled
I have successfully configured one of the Proxmox servers running version 8, but the other two consistently show NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
1718808856802.png1718809031617.png

Have you tried using NameOfNas\proxmox or 10.X.X.X\proxmox as the username?
Looks like it is trying to do the login with the network-name, which for the server in the screenshot is set to WORKGROUP, but perhaps for the other server and the nas it is set to something else?

Or, if you have the NAS joined in some domain, then you would of course need to use DOMAIN-NAME\proxmox as the username.

Have you tried using NameOfNas\proxmox or 10.X.X.X\proxmox as the username?
Looks like it is trying to do the login with the network-name, which for the server in the screenshot is set to WORKGROUP, but perhaps for the other server and the nas it is set to something else?

Or, if you have the NAS joined in some domain, then you would of course need to use DOMAIN-NAME\proxmox as the username.
I forgot to mention you

Do you see anything in the logs on the Synology-NAS side?
And have you tried connecting to an SMB-Share on a different device? (Server/PC/other)
Synology nas only give log when the connections work. I can not see any error in log center.
And yes this fail in 2/3 proxmox, 1 proxmox works well, and my laptop

Synology nas only give log when the connections work. I can not see any error in log center.
And yes this fail in 2/3 proxmox, 1 proxmox works well, and my laptop
I meant it the other way around, connecting from the working and non-working proxmox to a different SMB share (on for example your laptop) to see if maybe the NAS is at fault still somewhere. And on your laptop you of course have different logs, which might provide more insight (for example the security log to see login attempts)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!