Smart Disk Failure

Dexter23

Dec 23, 2021
Hi all
I have a server on Hetzner Cloud where i installed proxmox ve in zfs mirror on two nvme disk.
Last Friday one of the disk smart failed so i open a ticket with hetzner support and they changed the fault nvme disk with new one and i replace the zfs partition.

The day after arrived a new email from proxmox for the other nvme has failed too, so i want to share the smart for your opinion if the nvme disk is fault or not.

1693809717192.png

This is the model of nvme disk (nvme0n1 failed smart)
1693809822263.png

Last edited:
The day after arrived a new email from proxmox for the other nvme has failed too, so i want to share the smart for your opinion if the nvme disk is fault or not.
That would make some sense, resilvering is quite stressful for the disk, and it is the most likely point for a disk to fail. Given you presumable started using the disk about at the same time they would tend to fail around the same time too if they were identical models. Can you post the full output of the of nvme error-log /dev/nvme1n1 or nvme error-log /dev/nvme0n1 depending on which is the failed disk. You may need to install the relevant package: apt install nvme-cli

That would make some sense, resilvering is quite stressful for the disk, and it is the most likely point for a disk to fail. Given you presumable started using the disk about at the same time they would tend to fail around the same time too if they were identical models. Can you post the full output of the of nvme error-log /dev/nvme1n1 or nvme error-log /dev/nvme0n1 depending on which is the failed disk. You may need to install the relevant package: apt install nvme-cli
Hi
This is the output of this command: nvme error-log /dev/nvme0n1
https://termbin.com/7c8r

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!