Slow POP3 transfer rate.

STE

May 15, 2019
Hi,

I'm running an MTA which sends messages to users using pop3, the transfer rate appears to be only 32kbps max, when the connection is actually capped at 100MBPS, I tested using the same MTA on a normal windows server pc achieving 300KBPS on a totally different service, but not using proxmox.

Is there anything I can test or do because 32kbps for downloading emails is just too slow.

Thanks.

hi!

* are you running it on a vm or ct?
* maybe you did some network configurations to set a bandwidth limit or something similar.
* or maybe there's a bwlimit in the service you're using? you can check the config file for exim/postfix/your mta.

This is running on a dedicated real server.
We didn't run any throttling configurations.
There's no bandwith limit on the service, SMTP connections move as fast as it gets over 1000KBPS while pop3 is stuck on 25-40 kbps.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!