Slow performance and errors

yhiji

May 2, 2023
Hello everyone, recently I've had an issue with my Proxmox instance where it runs incredibly slow, as in takes like 10 seconds to load up the shell. All of my VMs run really slow too. It takes a bunch of tries for VMs to actually start, and I get weird errors like shut down commands not working. I restarted and this issue went away for a bit, then it came back.

I checked the SMART values on all my drives and they came back with no errors, however I did notice that one took much longer than any of the other to produce a result, and when I ran it a second time it said that it doesnt support self reporting or something like that.

When I installed I did so through ZFS, so I'm wondering if the one slow drive is affecting everything. Any responses are appreciated, thank you

Last edited:
When I installed I did so through ZFS, so I'm wondering if the one slow drive is affecting everything. Any responses are appreciated, thank you
That may be the case. Install iostat and monitor the disk response times.

Besides, check which process has the highest CPU usage with top.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!