Shrink Server 2008 HDD

hotwired007

Sep 19, 2011
UK
i have a server 2008 box that has a 160GB hdd, i want to reduce this to 40GB as the 160GB is over kill and takes ages to backup.

i have shrunk the disk in the windows server but how do i shrink the associated disk? (Its stored in a LVM on a iSCSI share)

instead of reducing you can also copy the partition from the big virtual disk to a new virtual disk, less risk as you do not touch original data.

then you just boot from the new disk. to copy the partition from local disk to local disk, use clonezilla live-cd.

you can also to a backup restore to a new disk, using the win2008 backup system.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!