[SOLVED] Shrink "local" partition at installation stage

fahadshery

Feb 13, 2021
Hi,

I have a 1TB SSD. If I use the default installation using the whole drive then it assigns 100GB to local partition, where I could only upload the ISO images and container templates. And the second partition local-lvm is the remaining 800GB for VMs.

I think 100GB for ISO images it too much and I would rather just adjust it to 50GB and add the remaining 50GB to the local-lvm.

How do I achieve this?

Thanks

Dont use installation defaults. There is an option to customize disk layout during the setup phase - utilize it.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
thanks, I can see it offers options such as swapsize, maxroot, minfree, maxvz but I have no clue where to adjust local and local-lvm??

no idea what the listed options are for anyway

See the chapter "Advanced LVM Configuration Options" in the linked "Installation" wiki article.
What you probaly want is to set maxroot to 50 GB if you want your "local" storage only to be 50 GB.

Reactions: fahadshery
See the chapter "Advanced LVM Configuration Options" in the linked "Installation" wiki article.
What you probaly want is to set maxroot to 50 GB if you want your "local" storage only to be 50 GB.
that's exactly what I needed to know.
Cheers mate

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!