Shared SAS Storage

xlnt

Nov 17, 2011
Sweden
I wonder if Proxmox supports shared SAS storage? I would like to use a storage like DELL MD3200 that can connect up to 4 hosts directly using SAS HBA's in a multipath setup (up to eight without multipath). It works great with solutions like VMware and Citrix Xenserver a shared storage instead of FC, ISCSI or NFS.

This would be a cheap and easy to maintain/support solution to get real high performance disksubsystem to proxmox hosts and clusters.

why not? i personally never got a MD3200 in my hand but I assume it will just work - only issue is that Dell will probably not help as Proxmox VE is not yet a supported platform for them.

i tried to configurer a MD3200i with proxmox 1.9 and i ogt some problem with device mapper and multipathing. May be with Proxmox 2.0 it works du to update kernel.

Yes, it would be nice if it works. High performance storage for minor clusters at a low cost. :)
In it's simplest configuration why even bother with multipathing when using reliable thick SAS cables? Connect up to eight servers to the same MD3200. Not shure if all eight can access the same luns though since they will bew connectoed to different controlers on the MD3200 box. Whenever I get my hands on one MD3200 box I will for sure test this out.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!