Setting Up Proxmox Through iLO

Voss

Feb 2, 2018
I'm fairly new to this and would be grateful if someone could give me some pointers on how I could get started on using Proxmox.

The ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server has been recently provisioned and I haven't installed an OS on it yet. My apologies in advance for the very amateurish questions but I would appreciate any pointers on how to get started. I'm willing to learn.

Be sure to have the iLO Advanced Pack installed, just mount the iso as CD/DVD image and boot from your server from the CD/DVD and do a normal PVE install. If you'e never installed PVE before, just try out in a VM on your desktop.

Reactions: Voss
Be sure to have the iLO Advanced Pack installed, just mount the iso as CD/DVD image and boot from your server from the CD/DVD and do a normal PVE install. If you'e never installed PVE before, just try out in a VM on your desktop.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot a report back to you

Well, it looks like I managed to get it working with no problem whatsoever. Thanks @Lnxbill!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!