Set vm boot order

this wiki page explains it and it can be done via GUI.

for openvz?
the page says "these GUI settings are currently for KVM VM´s only. if you need to set bootorder for containers you need to set it via CLI (see 'man vzctl')."

and my 3.1-24 has no such gui option, or I'm blind.. (maybe, and it's monday, also...)

Marco

ah yes, the GUI is for KVM only - just select a VM and then go to "Options".

The thread subject is a bit misleading as it points to KVM.

Is there a way to set boot order / priority via command line / qm?
option 'startup'

--startup `[[order=]\d+] [,up=\d+] [,down=\d+] `

Startup and shutdown behavior. Order is a non-negative number defining the general startup order. Shutdown in done with reverse ordering. Additionally you can set the up or down delay in seconds, which specifies a delay to wait before the next VM is started or stopped.

Reactions: r4dh4l
option 'startup'

Thank you very much. I've expected it in the "Start and Shutdown Order" chapter. Maybe there should be a link to the "--startup" description?

--startup `[[order=]\d+] [,up=\d+] [,down=\d+] `
is a little bit confusing.

Shouldn't it be listed as
--startup order=<integer>,up=<integer>,down=<integer>
?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!