Server options in /etc/pve/storage.cfg

yoyox

Aug 13, 2018
Options server dans /etc/pve/storage.cfg

Good morning,

In glusterfs, I would like to add another server in case of failure of the first two, is it possible?

I tried to put server3, but it doesn't take it into account

Thank you

Hello, Alwin,

No I'm looking to add a server3 server4 server5 even 10 if possible

I explain myself: I would like to make a Glusterfs on each of the disks of the proxmox servers, so the proxmox servers also have a glusterfs server on each of the nodes

out if I cut two nodes and I am in raid 10 (striped replicated) on 15 server, and as by chance these are the servers registered in the proxmox glusterfs client then I no longer have network storage while it is still running

you understand my need, it's weird but I'm on a project and I'm based on proxmox

Similarly, I saw a problem, when we are in HA with all vm and we cut two nodes out of 4, then we put them back on, the disks erase from glusterfs storage while we see them well by viewing the glusterfs directory, a bug?

Last edited:
No I'm looking to add a server3 server4 server5 even 10 if possible
AFAIR, we only support two servers in our backend.

I explain myself: I would like to make a Glusterfs on each of the disks of the proxmox servers, so the proxmox servers also have a glusterfs server on each of the nodes
We do not support a glusterfs cluster on PVE. Only the client.

Similarly, I saw a problem, when we are in HA with all vm and we cut two nodes out of 4, then we put them back on, the disks erase from glusterfs storage while we see them well by viewing the glusterfs directory, a bug?
This looks to me, more of a configuration issue and is better discussed on a glusterfs forum/mailling list.

I have a similar project, with the same problem.

But i found a workaround, if you want to test :

In the /etc/hosts on each serveur , put something like that ( choose the name you want example gluster ): :

Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost  gluster

So every serveur resolv the name gluster with 127.0.0.1, so himself.

Il the gluster config, instead of the ip, or the name of the server, simply use gluster,

And normaly the problem is solve.

For the second serveur use another node, or use the same trick.

Tell me if it work for you.

Dark26.

I look and I tell you, but why edit hosts? I just have to add glusterfs storage with ip 127.0.0.1?

Thank you

PS :

ok I just figured it out, actually you put the name in the hosts file then you declare the name in the proxmox gluster client and when the servers will search for the name they will search internally?

I've got it working, I'm continuing testing tomorrow.

Thanks anyway it's all silly but you had to think about it

Last edited:
I look and I tell you, but why edit hosts? I just have to add glusterfs storage with ip 127.0.0.1?

Thank you

PS :

ok I just figured it out, actually you put the name in the hosts file then you declare the name in the proxmox gluster client and when the servers will search for the name they will search internally?

I've got it working, I'm continuing testing tomorrow.

Thanks anyway it's all silly but you had to think about it

You can put 127.0.0.1 if you want directly. But if for some reason , one proxmox serveur doesn't have the gluster server daemon on it , you can have a problem ...

With the hosts file, you have a litt more flexibilty ( you can put another ip than 127.0.0.1 in the host file if needed ).

Okay, thank you.

you also plan to do virtualization with low-cost hardware?

Personally I wanted to make a cluster with nuc and SSD but it will block with the gigabit port, it will limit the bandwidth to 120mo max, I will have to turn on hardware with a fiber network card or 10gbps

For home purpose only. very very very low cost.

3 mini pc ( Alfawise X5 Mini PC / Intel Atom X5-Z8350 2GB DDR3 + 32GB ROM 1000LAN )

Promox, root on raid1 ( flash drive + sd card )+ gluster on the ROM of the pc for the VM ( 48 Go useable )

I add 1 usb3 network card for lacp purpose. (

on this : Pfsense, iredmail, proxy, serveur iScsi ( tgt with gluster ), backup ......

You should've taken a fourth, you'd only lose half the storage with raid 10.

you could have put gluster in striped replicated mode

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!