[SOLVED] Server console blank

What exactly do you mean by that? You can either ssh into your PVE machine (sshd listens on standard port 22) or use the noVNC console (easy access via the button in the WebUI)

Last edited:
Thanks.

'Directly on the server' means using a keyboard and monitor which are plugged directly into the server.
ssh and noVNC are remote access tools.

A direct console is typically used for maintenance.

Example: VMware ESXi Direct Console User Interface (DCUI)
upload_2019-2-1_11-34-7.png

Ah, yes you can of course :)

Just plugin the keyboard and monitor into the server.
You will be greeted with a nice command line asking you to login. Just like in the good old DOS days.
You can not have any graphics there, but command line is default.
Unlike vmware and xenserver proxmox does not obfuscate cli with custom shell.It is the same as any regular server distro.

Aha. When proxmox boots, it has a brief display then it goes blank, then the monitor says no input. It almost looked like it was meant to be that way.... I'll look into the video config. Thanks.

No it something with your video.
Could be the card or output.
Could be the video driver. You may try catching the boot menu and adding nomodset or something to boot option.

Resolved issue with a 1030 card. I can see now, squinting. Kinda small on a 4k. IMO best practice would be to include test-mode option during install. I had to repair the repair tools.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!