Serial console stops working.

liptech

Jan 14, 2021
Brasil
Hello everybody.

I'm running Proxmox in its latest and most updated version and I'm migrating my Linux virtual machines to Cloud-init.

With everything, I have been experiencing some bugs that I still haven't found a solution or the reason for.

When accessing machines through the proxmox console, it simply does not connect to the serial, even though the machine is operational, and only reconnects after the VM is restarted.

Could it be a problem with my virtual machine?

I thank you all!

I'm running into the same thing. The serial console works the very first time I open it, but not any subsequent times.

I suspect it might have something to do with the console session sitting in the open state for some reason. I'm looking into it now. I will update you as I make progress.

I logged in with noVNC and tried to connect with screen. That should at least give me a way of creating a serial session.

Bash:
screen /dev/ttyS0 115200

That should have given me a screen, but instead that gave me the same blank response as xterm.js does. So, it seems likely that the serial terminal ttyS0 is taken and sitting open when it shouldn't be.

Will update when I have a solution.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!