seperate inbound and outbound

bezgali.meriem

Oct 31, 2021
hello,

I want to separate I interfaces for inbound and outbound traffic and for management in proxmox mail getway, please how can I do that?

sorry for overlooking to answer in https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/cluster-can-support-20000-mailbox.98917/#post-428611

see: https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_template_engine

you need to edit the master.cf.in template:
Code:
mkdir /etc/pmg/templates
cp /var/lib/pmg/templates/master.cf.in /etc/pmg/templates
then edit the file and replace each occurrences of `[% pmg.mail.int_port %]` by xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:25 (replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your internal ip and replace all occurrences of `[% pmg.mail.int_port %]` by the other ip:25

then `pmgconfig sync -restart 1`

I hope this helps!

Last edited:
so i need to edit pmg.mail.ext_port with the ip of the interface_1 to handle outbound
and pmg.mail.int_port with the ip of interface_2 to handle inbound is that correct?

sounds correct - just try it - and post logs if it is not working as you expect

I did specify inbound and outbound ib the file /var/lib/pmg/templates/master.cf as you suggested, now I want to add a third interface for management, where should I specify this?

now I want to add a third interface for management, where should I specify this?
This has nothing to do with the mail-system - meaning - you can add it like with any other Debian system:
* configure it in /etc/network/interfaces
* make sure your firewall policies are setup correctly

There are quite a few tutorials online about how to get those things done

I hope this helps!

we need the mngmt interface for web access to manage consol of the appliance it self, this is doable just by modifiying the /etc/network/interfaces file?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!