[SOLVED] sendkey to VM in pool?

cape

Mar 24, 2019
Hi!
I'm experimenting with adding resource pool support for the Packer Proxmox builder, but I'm running into problems that the `sendkey` API call doesn't seem to work for users restricted to a pool (`Permission check failed (/, Sys.Modify) (403)`).
Is this by design, or is it something that could be fixed?

Testing on PVE 5.4-3.

what is the exact api call you do? afaics the permission needed is 'VM.Console' on the vmid (which would be true if a user has VM.Console on a pool containing the vm)

Ah. I'm calling /api2/json/nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/monitor, with the command parameter set to "sendkey x" for example.
I see there is a sendkey endpoint, but I don't recall why I opted to use the monitor endpoint instead. I have some vague recollection of some issue, but I'll rewrite to use sendkey instead and see if I can make that work.

Looks like the problem was that the library I was using to interface with the API didn't implement sendkey. I patched it to have that functionality, and it seems to work fine.
Sorry for the bogus report!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!