[SOLVED] Send mirrored traffic to openvswitch bridge

stofik

Apr 23, 2020
Hello all,

I have running cluster with 4 nodes and every node has 3 NICS (lets call them eth0, eth1, eth2).
eth0 is for management only.
eth1 is for VM traffic.
And eth2 is interface where is send mirrored traffic from our core switch. And I want this traffic to be visible in VMS which connects to openvswitch bridge where is this eth2 interface connected.
But when I connect eth2 to ovs bridge and I run tcpdump on that bridge I can see only L2 traffic. What I learnt is that ovs bridges are L2 only right?

So my question is that is there any way to pass all mirrored traffic to VMs in Proxmox? I have read something about OpenFlow but I have no experience with it thus I don't know if it will help.

Thanks for any advice.

In case anyone want to do the same. I gave up with Openswitch and used linux bridge with these options
Code:
auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet manual
    bridge_ports enp3s0f1
    bridge_stp off
    bridge_fd 0
    bridge_ageing 0

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!