[SOLVED] Searching for real HBA for Dellserver

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by fireon, Feb 19, 2019.

1. fireon

fireon Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hello all,

we have some PowerEdge R730xd. On the two SSD's on the rear install PVE on ZFS, only the system no data's. It's ok that are two SATA SSD's on SATA connectors.

Then there are 24 bays for 2,5" SAS HDD's. We would like to use this for ceph. We have 4 Servers. Two from this Dell machines. The Dell has an Controller named PERC H730P Mini. We can change from Raid to HBA. But it looks like not real HBA, because there are no smartdatas available. So i think it is no a good idea to use this for ceph right?

So have anyone Experience with Dellserver and HBA controller? What controller from dell a really an HBA? Maybe like the HBA330 what i found, yes only for 8 drives, but it looks likes an HBA. But es we need von for an R730xd.

The other two servers are HPML350G6. Every disk is in Raid0. Also not good for Ceph. I know...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mir

mir Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

3. virtRoo

virtRoo New Member

fireon likes this.
  4. wolfgang

wolfgang Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    fireon likes this.
  5. fireon

fireon Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Yes, thanks. Really nice list :) And no, reflash is not an option because warranty.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice