Screen stuck at 'Loading initial ramdisk' but the system is working normally

landings

Feb 12, 2023
Hello, I am using PVE 7.3-1 with GPU Passthrough. It was booting well before.

Recently I have made two modifications:

1. My server has one SSD and two HDDs. PVE is installed in SSD. Recently I installed Windows 10 in one of the HDDs.

2. Before my server has 32GB x 1 of memory. Recently I upgrade the memory to 32GB x 4 = 128GB

Windows 10 is booting normally. But PVE screen is stucking at 'Loading initial ramdisk'. I have tried adding 'nomodeset', but no additional messages can be seen.

I also tried restoring memory to 32GB, and unplug the HDD where Windows 10 resides. But this problem still exists.

---

Today I find PVE actually have started and everything is working normally through its web enviroment. But still the server's screen is stuck at 'Loading initial ramdisk'

Attachments

• q.jpg
    q.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
After some search, I think maybe the server chose a wrong output. But I still don't know how to deal with it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!