SAS Controller

pauet

Jan 22, 2019
I'm trying to migrate a windows virtual machine (from vmware) to Proxmox.

I was able to run the virtual machine on a Virtualbox using a SAS Controller (otherwise I get a blue screen). But in proxmox I can't configure a SAS controller, only ide, sata or SCSI, none of them are working.

Is there any way to use another kind of controller that makes windows think is a sas controller?

If isn't any way to use a SAS controller, and maybe this isn't the right place to ask this question, it's possibe to change the storage type from windows in any way to get it working on a sata controller?

Thanks

Hi,

Windows normally work out of the box with ide and sata controller.
All other controllers need special drivers. SAS is Serial Attached SCSI.
If none is working, I guess you have not removed the VMware tools(driver).

The problem was that the windows didn't have the SATA controller, and when booting it only show a blue screen. I've added a empty SATA disk with virtualbox and SAS controller with windows disks and then install sata drivers.

Now I can start with a KVM machine.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!