Sandy Bridge GPU Passthrough

illusionist

May 7, 2024
So I recently picked up a couple old Optiplex 790’s, and I was wondering if they support GPU pass through. I have fiddled around with one of them (Xeon E3-1225v2) and wasn’t able to get pass through working, IOMMU would be enabled but no matter what I tried I was getting memory address errors in Linux and refusing to boot in windows after driver installation. This is including blacklisting drivers and disabling the device in kernel args, (GPU used is a Quadro 600) and it just refused to work. I now have the opporotunity to pick up a second with a i7-2600, and was wondering if I would have any more luck with that one? Want to use a Quadro 600 for workstation things, like 3d modeling in auto desk inventor, and a HD7770 for some light gaming. What should I expect, both processors support VT-d, however I wasn’t able to get the E3-1225v2 to work. TIA, I’m a Proxmox noob and any help is appreciated!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!