Running redhat machines on proxmox

John Allison

Feb 1, 2018
Gateshead UK
www.adlinktech.com
We have a Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Virtual Datacenters, Standard (RH00002) subscription that requires us to use the "virt-who" command and configure a machine which can then read information from a hypervisor such as what VM's are running. This can be done using libvirt, ESX, Hyper-V but i cant get it to see anything on Proxmox.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience?
If i cant get this to work then our redhat machines wont be licenced, unless I move away from Proxmox and setup a standard libvirt machine or ESX :(

it seems that virt-who does not support PVE, you'd have to talk to the virt-who/candlepin devs to get support for it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!