Running Cisco UC Appliances In Proxmox (i.e., CUCM, CUCS, Expressway, IM&P, CMS, CSR1000v)

I mean the import of a running CUCM from ESXi. After the import you have to change the type of the vm disk to IDE, otherwise the start will fail.
So basically, what you have done in version 14 is convert the OVA with QEMU and import the disk IDE into Proxmox?

So basically, what you have done in version 14 is convert the OVA with QEMU and import the disk IDE into Proxmox?
Yes, currently this is the only way to make CUCM above 14SU1 work on Proxmox. I have now spent numerous hours trying to figure out additional changes to the installation DVD but I am still at a stage where the installer complains that it can not determine the hypervisor environment. As a hint: you can use the recovery ISO. It uses the same detection methods as the installation ISO but allows you to connect via ssh, read the log files and even run some of the scripts to see the output directly and determine where it fails.
I made a couple of changes to the recovery ISO but all I achieved up to now is that the error message at the end is different.

In detail, I added a section for QEMU that mimics the one for VMWARE, which brings me further to the hardware detection but now I am stuck there, probably because I am using a Lenovo M920s and the manufacturer is not supported.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!