Rocky Linux Template

Working fine for me. But instead of default, I'm using cloud images. Detection should work fine for you too, part of CentOS.pm for version detection:

Bash:
    if (($release =~ m/release\s+(\d+\.\d+)(\.\d+)?/) || ($release =~ m/release\s+(\d+)/)) {
        if ($1 >= 5 && $1 <= 9) {
            $version = $1;
        }
    }

And here is redhat-release from Rocky image:

Rocky Linux release 8.4 (Green Obsidian)

In this case $1 = 8.4

Working fine for me. But instead of default, I'm using cloud images. Detection should work fine for you too, part of CentOS.pm for version detection:

Bash:
    if (($release =~ m/release\s+(\d+\.\d+)(\.\d+)?/) || ($release =~ m/release\s+(\d+)/)) {
            $version = $1;
        }
    }

In this case $1 = 8.4
thanks a lot for your info.
any particular reason you're using cloud images instead of default?

Actually I don't remember, but I think I had some issue(s) with default ones - but this is long long time ago.

Curious, which version of pve were/are you using? I'm trying to deploy a rocky template to pve7, which deploys apparently fine but once running I keep getting "Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory" for various commands.

Bash:
# pveversion
pve-manager/6.4-12/8c75fb0e (running kernel: 5.4.119-1-pve)

Priviledged and unprivileged tested, both are working fine. I can test also on PVE 7.0, I've one in VM for testing.

I forgot to ask the more important question- is it a priviledged or unprivileged container?
Tested privileged and unprivileged, both are working fine in my PVE 7.0 VM (just required additional reboot after 1st start to take configured IP address)

Unprivileged:
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 2
hostname: rocky-unprivileged
memory: 1024
nameserver: 10.31.1.1
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,gw=10.31.1.1,hwaddr=92:AB:98:66:F4:73,ip=10.31.1.201/24,type=veth
ostype: centos
rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-3101201-disk-0,mountoptions=noatime,size=3G
searchdomain: <mydomain>.local
swap: 0
unprivileged: 1

Privileged:
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 2
hostname: rocky-privileged
memory: 1024
nameserver: 10.31.1.1
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,gw=10.31.1.1,hwaddr=B2:22:55:78:22:4D,ip=10.31.1.202/24,type=veth
ostype: centos
rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-3101202-disk-0,mountoptions=noatime,size=3G
searchdomain: <mydomain>.local
swap: 0

Image source:
https://uk.images.linuxcontainers.org/images/rockylinux/8/amd64/cloud/20210708_02:06/

Bash:
            $version = $1;
        }
    }

In this case $1 = 8.4
Hi, Which file to download as container template ? rootfs.tar.xz ? disc.qcow2 ? ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!