Roadmap for PBS

foosec

Oct 29, 2020
Hello,

I would like to firstly thank you for taking on this challenge of backups, which is always a struggle and it seems theres just never any *perfect* solution for it.
This new addition seems to me about as close to perfection as one could get for enterprise backups.

However, since i am currently in need of a backup solution and PBS being in beta, i wonder if you have any *approximated* roadmap for its first stable release?

Thank you!

Reactions: Robstarusa
Q4/2020, so we expect 1.0 in a few weeks.

I would like to firstly thank you for taking on this challenge of backups, which is always a struggle and it seems theres just never any *perfect* solution for it.
Ah, yes, guess thats why I have more than 2 !? PBS, Bareos, and just plain tar/zip scripted stuff. What works is what works

Ah, yes, guess thats why I have more than 2 !? PBS, Bareos, and just plain tar/zip scripted stuff. What works is what works
I‘m currently using eve4pve-barc for proxmox, bareos and rsync :-D will try to phase out bareos and keep rsync for the proxmox nodes and hardware that doesn’t run Buster.

eve4pve is a neat little script, but backup times are just insane for us, takes 20 hours for the backup to finish, if the trend continues it will overlap and everything collapses into a black hole... or something like that. So glad there is a more professional alternative on the horizon with PBS

eve4pve is a neat little script, but backup times are just insane for us, takes 20 hours for the backup to finish, if the trend continues it will overlap and everything collapses into a black hole... or something like that. So glad there is a more professional alternative on the horizon with PBS
Time is a killer, only so many hours in a day. Gosh forbid us to impact users

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!