Restore of large VM

Dennis Ayala

Jul 20, 2018
Hello guys:

I have a 3 node cluster using Shared LVM store (FC underneath). The cluster has four 3.3TB storage LVMs.
I have this one VM which has multiple 500G disks, Those disks are located oh different LVMs.
The backup process runs smooth and luckily I have not needed a restore from it,

My question is, since the total of disks on the VM exceeds 3.3TB, how will I be able to restore this VM when
the restore options only allow me to select one single storage location instead of granularly allow me to decide where to locate each disk?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Dennis

the default is to keep the storages as they were originally - but that obviously only works if all of them are available ;)

the default is to keep the storages as they were originally - but that obviously only works if all of them are available ;)
So if I have a VM that has 10 disks spread through different LVMs, when I go to restore, just select any of the LVMs and it will place each disk on the original LVM it was stored on?

So if I have a VM that has 10 disks spread through different LVMs, when I go to restore, just select any of the LVMs and it will place each disk on the original LVM it was stored on?
no - just leave it as the default, which will select the matching storage for each disk. that option is not available when one of those storages is not available, in which case you have to force all disks onto a single storage.

Reactions: Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!