Restore LVM thin Backup to LVM Storage

bumann

May 1, 2016
Hi,

i want to transfer a VM (LVM thin) to another Server which uses only LVM Storage (no thin).
I have backup the VM to my NAS, but when i want to restore the Backup to the other Server,
qmrestore give me the error "pve/data is not a thin pool"

Can you help me to find a solution for my problem?!

do you restore via GUI or via CLI?

if you use CLI, please post the used command.

Reactions: bumann
i uses command "qmrestore backupdata110.vma.lzo 110" on bash on the new server with only lvm storage (no thin).

Storage.cfg:

dir: local
path /var/lib/vz
content iso,backup,vztmpl

lvmthin: local-lvm
vgname pve
thinpool data
content images,rootdir

nfs: syno-buero
server 192.168.110.60
path /mnt/pve/syno-buero
export /volumeUSB1/usbshare
content backup
maxfiles 1
options vers=3

nfs: BuffaloNAS
server 192.168.110.61
path /mnt/pve/BuffaloNAS
export /mnt/array1/BackupStorageBuffalo
content vztmpl,images,iso,backup,rootdir
maxfiles 1
options vers=3

Oh, I think the Problem come from switching the storage from lvm-thin to lvm after the installation?!

I did it like https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/local-lvm-storage-and-vm-format.27209/page-2#post-137212

Oh, I think the Problem come from switching the storage from lvm-thin to lvm after the installation?!

You still have lvmthin storage local-lvm configured, so restore tries to use that. Please specify another storage if you do not want to use this one ("qmrestore ... --storage <XXXX>").

Reactions: bumann
ok, that sounds good. Thank you very much.

Can i delete the

lvmthin: local-lvm
vgname pve
thinpool data
content images,rootdir

from the storage config? is there a another thing to to after that? I have two node cluster.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!