Restore error?

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
On restore process windows; I am getting this error. Is I tried restore from different hdds to same hdd. But did not help. Also tried backing up twice did not help also. Do you have any idea?

** (process:42222): ERROR **: restore failed - bdrv_write to drive-virtio0 failed (-28)
/bin/bash: line 1: 42221 Broken pipe lzop -d -c /disk4-500GB/dump/vzdump-qemu-602-2013_09_10-19_24_26.vma.lzo
42222 Trace/breakpoint trap | vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp42219.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp42219
temporary volume 'local:102/vm-102-disk-1.raw' sucessfuly removed
TASK ERROR: command 'lzop -d -c /disk4-500GB/dump/vzdump-qemu-602-2013_09_10-19_24_26.vma.lzo|vma extract -v -r /var/tmp/vzdumptmp42219.fifo - /var/tmp/vzdumptmp42219' failed: exit code 133

I was running into the "failed: exit code 133" when attempting to restore a VM after reconfiguring our ProxMox server. I think it was because the directory structure was slightly different. I overcame the error by adding the '-storage local' flag to my qmrestore command and the restore completed successfully. I hope this helps somebody.

Just want to confirm that this error happens when there is no enough space on disk. Maybe proxmox should check this condition before restore? Or provide bit more meaning error?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!