restore CT and KVM failed on PVE2.2

sbonneau

Dec 11, 2010
Hello,
I was working with proxmox 1.8 until now and backup/restore was well working with openVZ and KVM.

I installed a PVE 2.2 on a new harddisk and tried to restore all my VMs and it failed.

More details: on my PVE 1.8, Var/lib/vz was pointed through a simlink on /mnt/VM-PROD which is a raid 5 partition in ext2

Now, as i could not create this simlink in PVE2.2, i create another storage pointing directly to /mnt/VM-PROD.

I don't understand , i can not neither create a CT in this storage (named VM-PROD) neither restore all my VM in it .

It fails with message like

TASK ERROR: can't lock container 100

Is there an issue for this migration ?

regards,
stephane

Hello,

This is a false pb, just that i have deleted /var/lib/vz content for trying to link it symbolikly. As it failed, it has although deleted the lock, root directories of /var/lib/vz. I just created them manually and PVE 2.2 was able to create a lock file in lock directory.

I've searche for 2 hours that why i posted this thread...

Now, i was able to restore my CT and i'm triing with my KVM and it seems to work for now but not finished..

thanks,
Stephane

Why do you blame PVE for your own mistakes?
If you redirect /var/lib/vz somewhere else with a symlink you are responsible for creating the expected infrastructure.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!