Restore button doesn't work in my Proxmox 2.1 installation

Bernardo

May 22, 2012
I recently installed Proxmox 2.1 on a new machine. It is not part of a cluster. Everything had been working fine. To get started, I restored a KVM machine from backup and it worked fine. However, now I want to restore some more VMs that I previously backed up. When I go to the storage (which is NFS, and the same place which I successfully restored the first VM from) and click the Restore button, nothing happens. It doesn't matter if I am trying to restore a container or a KVM virtual machine. Either way, nothing happens when I click the Restore button.

I have restarted the Proxmox 2.1 machine, but the problem is still there.

This is a stock Proxmox 2.1 installation from ISO.

Any suggestions?

you need to have the backup files in the right directory (structure changed).

then you will see the backup files - select one and then you can restore. maybe you add a screenshot if you cannot figure it out.

you need to have the backup files in the right directory (structure changed).

then you will see the backup files - select one and then you can restore. maybe you add a screenshot if you cannot figure it out.

Thanks for your reply.

I actually can see the backups, but when I choose one and click Restore, nothing happens. By "structure changed", I assume you mean that they now must be in the dump sub-directory, which I already figured out. But the backups are there and the Restore button still doesn't do anything. When I select the backup file, the Restore button changes from "greyed-out" to normal, but still nothing happens when I click on it.

I've tried the latest versions of both Chrome and Firefox, so I don't think the issue is with the browser itself.

Thanks,

Eldon

OK.. I think I found the problem - perhaps it is me. :)

I had renamed the backups I was trying to use in order to give them a more descriptive names. I had not changed the extensions, only the names. Once I renamed the backup to the old 1.x format (vzdump-qemu-112-2012_05_27-04_00_03) using an arbitrary date and time since I didn't know the original date and time, the restore works. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I thought I had restored from custom-named backups in the past, but perhaps my memory is failing me.

In any case... thanks a bunch for the help. I'm back in business now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!