REST API connection error

The error 596 appeared in pveproxy logs today.
Code:
Aug 20 15:46:03 testcl pveproxy[18288]: 596 - Connection timed out

so it's maybe the storage content listing that is too slow, and the proxied request times out..

Hi, i have tha same issue with proxmoxer, succesfully "except" it with:
Code:
from requests import exceptions
except exceptions.ConnectionError as e:
    pass
It seems that sometimes proxmox do not have time to answer. That is, a control command was sent but no response was received. At the same time, in 99% of cases, if you ask again, everything is ok.

Reviving an old post. What is interesting to me is that I’ve been trying to lab Ansible to make proxmox api calls via proxmoxer from a lxc container (privileged or not). If I use ssh backend there’s no issues. If I try to use https, my connection attempts always timeout. I’ve configured another test machine inside an actual VM with the exact same ansible playbook and it works right away without any issues. I’m wondering if it would have something to do with the container network where proxmox would try to answer with the wrong interface. The next thing I’ll try to confirm is to put a reverse proxy as an outside hop. Not sure if run it this way even if it worked. But I’ve spent so much time on this already that at least I’ll have closure.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!