Requesting assistance onbooting Linux distro into a KVM

gcmartin

Sep 14, 2010
I am using Proxmox V2Beta3. I have already appeal for
Guidance
any Document Reference
in other post on this forum.

I am having problems setting up a KVM that will boot either a 32bit or a 64bit Linux distro into a VM. Further, if the boot is already occurring (which I cannot see), I am failing to be able to access its console so that I can make use of the VM.

This request is for either of the above OR for an example that someone can send me or post me or steer me to.

Thanks in advnace for anyone who chooses to help

If i am reading between the lines of what you are steering me toward, i am assuming ou want me to run an aptitue update. Then forward the pveversion to you. Please recommend your browser + version and I'll use it to run VM's console testing from the Proxmox Management webpage.

I will forward all of this to you as soon as you share the browser info with me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT
The server for the Proxmox host I have been testing has 2 DVD writers and 2 LAN adapters.. Putting a bootable CD/DVD in EACH DRIVE, does not change the problem. I can see that on one of the DVD drives, the data light comes on momentarily before going off. That's it....no activity on the DM host console...on either of the DVD drives...nothing. Please advise. Thx.

Last edited:
best working combination for the gui is a windows box with firefox 8 for google chrome, sun java.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!