Replication yes or replication no in production?

Sebastian2000

Oct 31, 2017
Well, I have try the replication on microserver and proxmox 5 and have stop it for various problem that appear in 2 forum post with other user with similar problem (one of the problem is replication locked, with pvedaemon and pvesr at 100% cpus and other problem is replication every minutes when the cronjobs replication was all 30mn).

I will change of hardware because was an too smaller hardware and will go to proxmox 5.1 and not proxmox 5 now, but, I am seeing a lot of various problem/bug with the replication task, is really for production or this is too early to use to production? I will have now 5/6 VMs on bixeon ES2650 with 64G of RAM and 6*525G SSD (I don't know yet if RAID10 hardware or ZFS RAID , I had to do some test to choose how to do it). and some problem in host will be an greater problem if I had to reboot it, that in old smaller server that only have one VMs...

Do someone really use it in production for now?

Thanlks a lot for your help

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!