Remove node from cluster and (how to) use it again...

Pavel Hruška

May 1, 2018
Hello, the procedure of removing node from a cluster is clear for me, but I wanted to ask if it is safe to reinstall removed node and assign it the same name and the same IP that it previously had?

I have some standalone PVE node that I want to move VMs to other nodes at existing cluster, so I thought it would be possible to join this standalone node to the cluster, move VMs and then remove the node from cluster. But I want to reuse that node again after the procedure...

Well backup and restore method is not the best one, transffering (TiBs of) data twice is just waste of time and bandwith, but looks like there is no other way, so I will have to go through that :eek:).

Anyway thank you for your reply. It helped me a lot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!