Removal of host from cluster?

mcparlandj

Mar 1, 2017
I'm trying to delete a host from an existing cluster. I read over some threads, specifically this one:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/deleted-cluster-node-still-shows-up-in-webinterface-pve-4-1.26819/

I ran this:
root@pm1:~# pvecm nodes

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
4 1 10.0.0.100
3 1 10.0.0.101 (local)
5 1 10.0.0.104
1 1 10.0.0.105

The host I want to remove was already NOT in this list (10.0.0.103)

I deleted the host from here:
/etc/pve/nodes/<node>

And double checked that /etc/pve/nodes/<node> was gone from all the other hosts.

Next I ran the following commands on all the hosts:

systemctl restart pvedaemon.service
systemctl restart pveproxy

I restarted my browser and even used an incognito window, but I'm still seeing the old host listed in the webUI.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Try restart cluster services on your node which web interface you are using, refresh webpage. Try to use new webbrowser or delete cookies.

hmm..
I ran this on pm1 and tried a new browser.

systemctl restart corosync
systemctl restart pve-cluster

Still no luck.
So i ran the command on all the hosts in the cluster.
Completely reset safari, and firefox. Same issue.

The output of `pvecm nodes` lists only the alive and connected nodes.
It's probably still configured in the corosync.conf - check the contents of `/etc/pve/corosync.conf` (it should have the same contents as `/etc/corosync/corosync.conf`) - the configured nodes are also listed in `/etc/pve/.members`

Also - checkout our reference documentation for removing nodes:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Cluster_Manager

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!