Relay access denied on cluster slave

patrick7

Jan 25, 2018
Hi there

I just set up a ProxMox Mail Gateway Cluster.
Sync works, Transport/Domains are set up.

Now my problem is that the master accepts mails, but not the slave: "Relay access denied". I had a short look on main.cf & /etc/pmg/domains, looks fine.

Any ideas?

Best regards
Patrick

Found out the following:

I need to manually run postmap /etc/pmg/domains on the slave (not needed on master).
I think that should be done automatically.

Just wanted to answer. Have had the same problem. So it isnt really a HA / Cluster because one always has to go to every node and finish the job. Adding one more domain in transport / domains by hand and make a postmap is faster (by a simple script).

Hm, who succeeded to build a working cluster with this "bug"? Spreading configurations / modifications is one thing. But not activating ... doesnt make sense and should have been seen in the first test -> OK, modification was transfered to the other machine(s) - but doesnt work. I tried three times with freshly installed machines. Did not work.

There are some points that doesnt work ... seems to be a "beta". Unfortunately unusable for production use (still) ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!