recreated ceph, no access

mouk

May 3, 2016
Hi,

Just testing everything here. I recreated the ceph component of our proxmox test cluster, using new disks: HEALTH_OK, quorum: yes, etc, etc. All looks good, ceph-wise.
Trying to add this fresh ceph storage to proxmox now: the storage appears on all hosts, however no status values appear: Size/Used/Avail 0 B.. Seen that before: remember I needed to copy the keyring :)

However... the keyring was already there, I guess from the original ceph cluster config. Comparing contents of /etc/ceph/ceph.client.admin.keyring to /etc/pve/priv/ceph/new-ceph.keyring: they are identical.
(and new-ceph is the id of my storage)

Rebooted the nodes, but there is no connection between ceph and proxmox.

Since I'm new, I'm probably missing something obvious... Could anyone tell me what? :)

So: the proxmox install remained, the ceph component (monitors, osd, disks) was removed using the gui, and added again using new disks.

Ideas?

A bit more info: Looking at the configured ceph storages gives: rbd error: rbd: error opening pool rbd: (2) No such file or directory (500)

"ceph osd lspools" gives: "8 new-ceph"
"ceph auth list" gives:
client.admin
key: AQBqoChXKqPvOBAAyrhsfH329q7otbrwKfjNMg==
auid: 0
caps: [mds] allow
caps: [mon] allow *
caps: [osd] allow *

The ceph storage is defined in proxmox like:
rbd: new-ceph
monhost 192.168.1.55:6789; 192.168.1.69:6789; 192.168.1.90:6789
username admin
content images,rootdir
pool rbd

and they key in /etc/pve/priv/ceph/new-ceph.keyring matches the key from above.

What am I missing??

A bit more info: Looking at the configured ceph storages gives: rbd error: rbd: error opening pool rbd: (2) No such file or directory (500)

"ceph osd lspools" gives: "8 new-ceph"
"ceph auth list" gives:
client.admin
key: AQBqoChXKqPvOBAAyrhsfH329q7otbrwKfjNMg==
auid: 0
caps: [mds] allow
caps: [mon] allow *
caps: [osd] allow *

The ceph storage is defined in proxmox like:
rbd: new-ceph
monhost 192.168.1.55:6789; 192.168.1.69:6789; 192.168.1.90:6789
username admin
content images,rootdir
pool rbd

and they key in /etc/pve/priv/ceph/new-ceph.keyring matches the key from above.

What am I missing??
Hi,
the pool in storage must named new-ceph and not rbd...

Udo

Pff :)
I thought that was the TYPE of storage...
Well, as I already said: it must be something simple that I'm overlooking....

Thanks, enjoy your weekend!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!