receiving mail by first.lastname@domain

viraphan

May 14, 2008
Hi,

I have a problem for users who have entry in canonical file (internal mail) and receive mail by first.lastname@domain. If I enable Quarantine/LDAP for those users, they will be unable to login to the Quarantine web interface. Do I have to export the canonical file to the LDAP. (only a group of users have entry in canonical file)

Thanx

Hi,

I have a problem for users who have entry in canonical file (internal mail) and receive mail by first.lastname@domain. If I enable Quarantine/LDAP for those users, they will be unable to login to the Quarantine web interface. Do I have to export the canonical file to the LDAP. (only a group of users have entry in canonical file)

Thanx

Hi,

I do not clearly understand your issue. If you configure LDAP (MS ADS) and you enable login via LDAP, users should be able to login by using their logon name followed by their domain.

Example:

logon name: martin
domain: proxmox.com

so the login to end user quarantine: martin@proxmox.com

pls note, now in version 2.2 it is possible to log in via ticket or LDAP - see Configuration/Spam detector/Quarantine - Authentication mode
(this was not possible before).

We have set a canonical file in our internal mail server (postfix) so that when user send email, the postfix will rewrite the the email from user@domain to first.lastname@domain. Of course we have to put the reverse map on aliases file. Then we have LDAP server (OpenLDAP) which we just migrate /etc/passwd and shadow to LDAP. Now the LDAP server have only users account/password but there is no account for first.lastname. The problem is when Proxmox recieved mail for user as first.lastname@domain and it hapen to be spam and put it in quarantine, Proxmox send notification to the user first.lastname@domain. When the user click on the URL link in the notification email and login to his quarantine account he can not find any SPAM email in his quarantine. I understand that Proxmox database map the firs part of the email address to the user login name on LDAP server.

I want to know if I just migrate canonical or aliases file to LDAP server will solve the problem or not.

If yes what configuration I need to do on Proxmox to support this.

Thanx

We have set a canonical file in our internal mail server (postfix) so that when user send email, the postfix will rewrite the the email from user@domain to first.lastname@domain. Of course we have to put the reverse map on aliases file. Then we have LDAP server (OpenLDAP) which we just migrate /etc/passwd and shadow to LDAP. Now the LDAP server have only users account/password but there is no account for first.lastname. The problem is when Proxmox recieved mail for user as first.lastname@domain and it hapen to be spam and put it in quarantine, Proxmox send notification to the user first.lastname@domain. When the user click on the URL link in the notification email and login to his quarantine account he can not find any SPAM email in his quarantine. I understand that Proxmox database map the firs part of the email address to the user login name on LDAP server.

I want to know if I just migrate canonical or aliases file to LDAP server will solve the problem or not.

If yes what configuration I need to do on Proxmox to support this.

Thanx

hi,

Proxmox supports only Microsoft ADS. OpenLDAP is not tested here.

Hi,

I do not clearly understand your issue. If you configure LDAP (MS ADS) and you enable login via LDAP, users should be able to login by using their logon name followed by their domain.

Example:

logon name: martin
domain: proxmox.com

so the login to end user quarantine: martin@proxmox.com

pls note, now in version 2.2 it is possible to log in via ticket or LDAP - see Configuration/Spam detector/Quarantine - Authentication mode
(this was not possible before).

Sorry- this is an old post but I am new to proxmox and have searching in forum but there is no luck. All I want to do is to login using LDAP authentication mode with MS AD windows 2016. I configure LDAP and it is working fine in User Management. It sees Groups and Users. Then I changed Authentication mode to "LDAP" and try to login as ex : user@mydomain.com and password and it keeps telling me "login failed. Please try again"..... syslog shows " authentication failure; rhost=192.168.1.20 user=user@mydomain.com@pmg msg=no such user .... Any idea? Thank you very much.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!