RBL configuration

mcnetadm

May 23, 2005
Bethlehem, PA USA
home.moravian.edu
I have found the setting to enable/disable RBL in proxmox but I was wondering if there is a way to add/modify RBL sites. I currently use 4 sites on a home-grown mail proxy and am blocking ~75% of all inbound e-mail - it's working nicely. Where do I look for the RBL sites or are the sites hard-coded into the configuration?

The RBL checks are hardcoded in /usr/share/spamassassin/20_dnsbl_tests.cf

There is a way to add additional RBL sites, but not through the web interface.

Anyways, changing this is usually not necessary. For example we filter more than 80% of all inbound mail here (with the proxmox standard configuration).

New Feature Request

It would be very nice to be able to add your own RBLs for the SMTP RBLs (PostFix). I have a list I use for my old PostFix+Amavis system which worked quite well. I would like to see an option in the webadmin of ProxMox to be able to define extra RBLs other than sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org(Should now be using zen.spamhaus.org) and lists.dsbl.org.

Best regards,

Hi-con

It would be very nice to be able to add your own RBLs for the SMTP RBLs (PostFix). I have a list I use for my old PostFix+Amavis system which worked quite well. I would like to see an option in the webadmin of ProxMox to be able to define extra RBLs other than sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org(Should now be using zen.spamhaus.org) and lists.dsbl.org.

Best regards,

Hi-con

hi,

you can add additional rbl very easy on the console, but not on the web interface. we do not plan to do this on the web interface as adding additional RBL is a very serious thing and if you do not know exactly what you are doing please do not - offering this on the web encourage people to play around which is dangerous here.

if you are an expert, just edit the postix accordingly, if you need help here just let me know.

Do I just edit /etc/postfix/main.cf ? All I want to change is sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org to zen.spamhaus.org.

Best regards,

HI-con

Do I just edit /etc/postfix/main.cf ? All I want to change is sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org to zen.spamhaus.org.

Best regards,

HI-con

hi,

1. please edit /var/lib/proxmox/templates/main.cf.in
2. to activate: proxconfig -s

All I want to change is sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org to zen.spamhaus.org.

We carefully tested what lists we use at SMTP level. Using zen simply triggers to many false positives. So I do not suggest to change that.

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!