Random 6.8.4-2-pve kernel crashes

Hi
Someone upgraded to that last kernel version 6.8.8-1 and can tell if the server freeze issues stop?
I am thinking about upgrading to the last kernel version or downgrade to 6.5.13-5

Thanks.

No... 6.5 is good..Technically it's not a freeze, there's a kernel stack dump first. The kernel faults only happened in 6.8.x...
I see. If you see a kernel stack dump + freeze again, could you please copy it/take a screenshot? The full dump would be very useful for troubleshooting.
If it is in the console, you'll likely only see the last part of it -- in this case try to press Shift+PgUp to scroll to the beginning of the dump (most likely a line BUG: ...), and take another screenshot of the beginning of the dump. In case scrolling doesn't work anymore, please just try to provide as much as possible of the output.
Please also provide the exact kernel version you were running at the time of the freeze.

Previously I've pinned to 6.5 and that's been very stable. Only switched to this this newer 6.8.8 recently.
[...]
No, but that freeze could just be a coincidence. I agree it's likely thermal related... Gonna play more with this...

OK. It's possible there are multiple issues at play here, making troubleshooting more complicated. Let me know what you can find out.

Reactions: snakeoilos
Hi
Someone upgraded to that last kernel version 6.8.8-1 and can tell if the server freeze issues stop?
I am thinking about upgrading to the last kernel version or downgrade to 6.5.13-5

Thanks.
Hello,

My server is running with version 6.8.8-1 for just over 3 days without freezing.

(AMD Ryzen 3600 - 2 nvme drives with mdadm in RAID1)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!