RAID Controller : LSI MegaRAID 9261-8i

sca

May 7, 2012
Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if that kind of controller (LSI MegaRAID 9261-8i) is working with Proxmox ? Any experience ? RAID is so important that is a discriminant point to decide using Proxmox or not.
The dedicated RAID Controllers page is unfortunately not very complete and I've not been able to find very usefull information on the forum.

Thanks in advance for your help !

sca

Hi,

this card works with centos 5.x very well. With debian only till debian 5.0.x LSI only provide drivers for debian 5.0.x. Under the TAB Support&Downloads you can see this.

Greets

Hi, thank you for your very quick answer and also good news for me !

Proxmox VE uses the following driver (same as RHEL62), I assume it will work with your card.

Code:
modinfo megaraid_sas

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-11-pve/kernel/drivers/scsi/megaraid/megaraid_sas.ko
description:    LSI MegaRAID SAS Driver
author:         [EMAIL="megaraidlinux@lsi.com"]megaraidlinux@lsi.com[/EMAIL]
version:        00.00.05.40-rh2
license:        GPL
srcversion:     C09135DA625915B70EC0CE2

I can confirm that this RAID controller works without any problem with Proxmox 2.1.

thanks for feedback!

Is it possible to manage the email notification for our raid controller (LSI MEGA RAID 9271-8l PCIe) over proxmox?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!