[Quick Question] External disks in VM backup

crazywolf13

Oct 15, 2023
Hi

I just installed PBS and I really love it, however currently due to my raid config on my ZFS datastore I only have roughly 4TB space for backups (Just using about 200GB) No I have one VM that servers as my NAS where I passed through a full disk (4TB SSD (Roughly 400GB used)), now I'd like to backup my NAS too to the PBS Server, can I just leave the setting for backing up that disk on an PVE will send just those roughly 400GB of used space to the PBS or will it back up those full 3.7TB and send them over?

The Nas runs on an Openmediavault VM, has 4TB where roughly 400GB are used and runs btrfs.

Thanks for your help!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!