Question about fencing‏???

alejandrojnm

Jan 17, 2012
In the wiki I saw the use of HA with fencing and APC Switched Rack PDU, the question is, is not possible to use HA Switch Rack PDU APC?, Because in my country the APC Switched Rack PDU is not available

Best Regard
Alejandro

this is just an example, there are several other fencing devices.

Hi, thanks for replying, but I put my example. I have 5 pc desktop and 1 more with freenas, it is possible to use HA and fencing, with this technology, using a software solution, using either NFS or iCSCI. I hope you understand me.

best regards,
Alejandro

Running Proxmox VE on desktop PC´s in not really a good idea. And its even worse, if you go for HA, see the system recommendations here:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/High_Availability_Cluster#System_requirements

As you are limited in hardware you should not configure HA, fencing is essential. Or generally speaking, if you try to configure HA by workarounds you will finally end up with a less reliable system - so I suggest you use Proxmox VE without HA.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!